Personal Information Protection Policy
We place the greatest importance in our business on making the proper and effective use of personal information of individuals to accomplish the PERSOL Group’s vision: Work and Smile. Therefore, we have established the personal information protection management system and this policy. Every executive and employee follows this policy and spares no effort to protect the rights and interests of individuals.
1. Acquisition, Use and Provision of Personal Information
We will clearly specify the reasons for acquiring, using, and providing any personal information within the scope necessary for the achievement of its business activities.
We will only use personal information acquired for the specified scope of use and will take appropriate measures not to use any personal information beyond the specified scope.
In addition, we will select trustees who meet a sufficient level capable of protecting personal information, and will take appropriate measures through the use of a contract when entrusting the handling of all or part of any personal information acquired through the measures specified above.
2. Compliance with laws, state policy and other regulations in relation to personal information
We will comply with laws, state policy and other regulations relating to personal information.
3. Acquisition, Use and Provision of Personal Information
We will take reasonable and appropriate security control measures and will apply corrective actions against risks such as loss, destruction, alteration, disclosure, and improper access of any personal information.
4. Complaints and Inquiries
We will respond appropriately and promptly to any complaints from the original person regarding matters of disclosure, correction, deletion, and/or cessation of their personal information.
5. Continuous improvements to the personal information protection management system
We will continuously review and improve its personal information protection management system.
October 1st, 2019
Representative Director, President and CEO
PERSOL HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
Handling of Personal Information
April 1st, 2022
PERSOL HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
2-1-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
Representative Director, President and CEO
PERSOL Group aspires to contribute to society by providing opportunities and places for growth for various individuals who work and a broad range of services that contribute to the growth of organizations. The diverse information on individuals and organizations in the safekeeping of PERSOL Group are handled with care and utilized to provide high quality services and to achieve growth for individuals and organizations.
This page explains how your personal information is used and for what purposes, and also explains procedures taken by PERSOL HOLDINGS (hereinafter also referred to as "we" or "us") for the purpose of responding to your requests concerning your personal information.
Four points explained here.
*This page indicates the matters prescribed in Articles 21, 27, and 32 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Personal information received by us from you (hereinafter also referred to as the "principal") will be used for the purposes set forth below.
If the purpose of use is separately specified to a person at the time when such person’s personal information is collected, the information will be used for such specified purpose.
1. Shareholder and investor information
- ･Shareholder management under laws and regulations
- ･Exercise of rights and fulfillment of obligations under laws and regulations
- ･Handling of inquiries, etc.
- ･Implementation of IR-related measures such as questionnaires
2. Information on individual clients who use our respective services
- ･Various procedures for user registration
- ･Provision of services requested
- ･Communications regarding the services requested and communications regarding other services that are provided by PERSOL HOLDINGS (or PERSOL Group companies)
- *These communications may be made by email, telephone, etc. and by delivery of Internet advertisements (including targeting ads).
- ･Improvement or enhancement of existing services (including, but not limited to, the services requested) and development or improvement of new services
- ･Handling of inquiries, etc.
- ･Questionnaire and other request for cooperation in relation to our business activities
3. Information on corporate clients’ executives and staff
- ･Communications and offerings of our services and relevant information, and asking about preferences
- *These communications and offerings may be made by email, telephone, etc. and by delivery of Internet advertisements (including targeting ads).
- *We acquire log information such as Cookies, terminal information, IP address, attribute information, location information, ad identifier, and behavioral history (such as opening of email messages, clicks on links, and website browsing history). We analyze such log information as well as information acquired by us through business meetings, transactions, etc., together with other personal information held by us, and based on such analysis, we propose services, provide information, and deliver advertisements in line with your attributes and areas of your interest and concern.
- ･Acceptance of applications for various seminars
- ･Corporate Client management
- *The information will be jointly used by PERSOL Group companies. For details, see "2-1. Joint Use of Information on Corporate Clients’ Executives and Staff".
- *The information may be provided to advertisement delivery service providers. For details, see "2-2. Provision to Ad Delivery Service Providers".
4. Information obtained when we are commissioned to undertake work duties
- ･Fulfillment of commissioned work
5. Information obtained by conducting interviews for PR activities
- ･Publications by PERSOL HOLDINGS and PERSOL Group companies in PR media and other media
- ･Communications regarding PR activities
6. Information on campaign applicants
- ･Drawing and delivery of gifts (prizes)
- ･Communications to applicants
- ･Operation and implementation of campaigns you applied for
7. Information on individuals who applied for job openings in PERSOL HOLDINGS
- ･Screening and decision on hiring
- ･Clarification of our hiring criteria and analysis for efficient screening process (including comparison with data on our employees at the time of their applying for our job openings)
2. Provision/Joint Use of Personal Information to/with Third Parties
2-1. Joint Use of Information on Corporate Clients’ Executives and Staff
Information on corporate clients’ executives and staff is jointly used within PERSOL Group as set forth below in order to provide comprehensive services by using the expertise of each of the PERSOL Group companies.
Items of personal information jointly used Name, name of affiliated organization, department name, location, position title, email address, telephone number, FAX number, transaction history, and history of business meetings and communications
Cookies, terminal information, IP address, attribute information, location information, ad identifier, and behavioral history (including opening of email messages, clicks on links, and website browsing history)
Scope of parties which jointly use the information Of all PERSOL Group companies (the current list of Group companies is here ), certain companies that have already issued notifications or made public announcements in accordance with Article 27, Paragraph 5, Item 3, of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information Purpose of use by parties which jointly use the information
- Communications and offerings of services and relevant information provided by PERSOL Group, and asking about preferences
- *PERSOL Group companies respectively acquire log information such as Cookies, terminal information, IP address, attribute information, location information, ad identifier, and behavioral history (such as opening of email messages, clicks on links, and website browsing history).They analyze such log information as well as information acquired by them through business meetings, transactions, etc., together with other personal information held by them, and based on such analysis, they propose services, provide information, and deliver advertisements in line with your attributes and areas of your interest and concern.
Person in charge of management of personal information jointly used Company name: PERSOL HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
Address: 2-1-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Takao Wada, Representative Director, President and CEO
How the information is acquired
- ･Information may be provided by our corporate clients through exchange of business cards, business meetings, application for transactions, participation in events, response to questionnaires, etc.
- ･Information may be collected from widely available public information.
- ･Information may be acquired from your opening and viewing of email messages sent by respective PERSOL Group companies and from your viewing of websites.
2-2. Provision to Ad Delivery Service Providers
Information on our corporate clients’ executives and staff, as specified below, may be provided to ad delivery service providers for the delivery of Internet ads (including, but not limited to, targeting ads). Additionally, the ad delivery service providers to which such information will be provided include foreign business operators specified below, and the system for the protection of personal information in the relevant foreign country is as described below.
Items of personal information to be provided to ad delivery service providers:
Name, name of affiliated organization, department name, location, position title, email address, telephone number, FAX number, history of transactions, business meetings and communications, Cookies, terminal information, IP address, attribute information, location information, ad identifier, and behavioral history (including opening of email messages, clicks on links, and website browsing history).
Name of the foreign country United States Information concerning the system for the protection of personal information in the foreign country See the research summary of the federal personal information protection system in the United States of America conducted by the Personal Information Protection Commission (https://www.ppc.go.jp/files/pdf/USA_report.pdf). Information concerning measures taken by the recipient for the protection of personal information In general, the measures are taken for the handling of personal data at the same level as those required of Japanese business operators handling personal information.
2-3. Provision to Third Parties such as in accordance with Laws and Regulations
Personal information may be provided to third parties where any of the items in Article 27, Paragraph 1, of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information is applicable (such as where such provision is made pursuant to laws and regulations).
*In addition to 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3 above, the information may be provided to a third party where the principal’s consent has been obtained.
3. Acceptance of Requests Relating to Personal Information
3-1. Various Types of Requests Relating to Your Own Personal Information
Among the items of personal information set forth in "1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information", except for the information mentioned in "4. Information obtained when we are commissioned to undertake work duties", we will accept from the principal or the principal’s agent a request for actions set forth below.
Types of requests to be accommodated
- ･Notification of purpose of use
- ･Correction, addition, or deletion of specific items
- ･Suspension of use
- ･Suspension of provision to third parties
Please make a request by either of the methods below.
Request on the Internet Please contact us by using the Inqury Form.
*We will be unable to accommodate a request if your email address differs from your previously provided email address.
Request by postal mail Please download our prescribed "Form of Request for Personal Information Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, etc.", fill out the requisite items, and mail the form to PERSOL HOLDINGS, together with the prescribed documents.
■Form of Request for Personal Information Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, etc.
･If your request is for notification of purpose of use or disclosure, you may choose the method of notification or disclosure from the following: orally, in writing, or by electronic or magnetic means through email (in PDF format). If such method is not specified, the notification or disclosure will be made by electronic or magnetic means through email.
･Even after your request for suspension of use or deletion of personal information is accepted and accommodated, you may continue to receive information from PERSOL HOLDINGS for a short while.
･Please note that we cannot accommodate a request in any of the following cases:
- If the information subject to the request is not part of Retained Personal Data (*) of PERSOL HOLDINGS;
- If the request may conflict with any laws or regulations;
- If the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the principal or a third party may be harmed by accommodating the request;
- If the proper operation of our business may be significantly impeded by accommodating the request.
*Retained Personal Data refers to personal data as to which the business operator handling the personal information has the authority to accommodate all of the aforementioned requests made by the principal and which are not those prescribed by the cabinet order as being harmful to the public interest or other interests if the presence or absence of such data is disclosed.
3-2. Complaint or Consultation on the Handling of Personal Information
If you have a complaint or seek consultation on the handling of personal information by PERSOL HOLDINGS, please contact us at the following:
Internet: Please contact us by using the Inquiry Form. By telephone: Telephone number: 03-3375-2220 (main line)
Office hours: Weekdays 10:00 - 18:00
4. Secure Control Measures for Personal Data
We publicly announce the measures taken by us for secure control of personal data in the safekeeping of PERSOL HOLDINGS.
(This public announcement is being made pursuant to Article 32, Paragraph 1, of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.)
(Establishment of Basic Policy)
We establish a personal data protection policy to ensure the appropriate handling of personal data.
(Implementation of Internal Rules on Handling of Personal Data)
We implement internal regulations on the handling of personal data in order to prevent a leakage, etc., of personal data and otherwise manage personal information in a secure manner.
(Organizational Security Control Measures)
(1) Implementation of Organizational Structure
We specify the roles of the persons involved in the handling of personal data and implement an organizational structure in compliance with the internal regulations.
(2) Operation in Compliance with Rules on Handling of Personal Data
We handle personal data in compliance with the internal regulations implemented. We keep records relating to the handling of personal data by way of system logs, documents, etc., and check the situation of the handling at appropriate times to ensure that the operation complies with the internal regulations.
(3) Implementation of Means to Check Handling of Personal Data
In order to check the situation of the handling of personal data, we prepare and maintain books and records for management of personal data entrusted to us or acquired by us.
(4) Implementation of Structure to Respond to Incidents such as Leakage
We have the structure and procedures in place to take actions to respond to an incident such as leakage.
(5) Assessment of Status of Handling and Review of Security Control Measures
We conduct a self-inspection on the status of handling of personal data on a regular basis and have our information management department and internal audit department and external professionals check such status, and thereby evaluate, reexamine, and endeavor to improve our security control measures.
(Human Security Control Measures)
We educate and train our staff on a regular basis on the matters to be heeded in handling personal data. We include provisions relating to confidentiality of personal data in working rules for our staff and thereby clarify the confidentiality obligations imposed on our staff.
(Physical Security Control Measures)
(1) Control of Areas in which Personal Data are Handled
We have rules in place to control entries to and exits from the areas in which personal data are handled.
(2) Prevention of Theft, etc. of Equipment and Electronic Media, etc.
We take appropriate measures to prevent a theft, loss, or other incident in respect of equipment, electronic media, documents, etc. related to the handling of personal data.
(3) Prevention of Leakage, etc. During Transport of Electronic Media, etc.
When equipment, electronic media, documents, etc., containing personal data are in transport, we encrypt personal data or take other measures so that personal data can be easily identified.
(4) Disposal of Equipment, Electronic Media, etc. Containing Personal Data
We dispose of documents, equipment, electronic media, etc. containing personal data in a way that does not allow personal data to be restored.
(Technological Security Control Measures)
(1) Access Control
With regard to the information system in which personal data are handled, we implement access control to minimize the access to the extent necessary for the operation of business, and we limit the staff who may access such system and the scope of personal information database, etc. handled by such staff.
(2) Identification and Authentication of Persons who Make Access
Our information system in which personal data are handled authenticates persons who use such system upon identifying them as those having the authority to access such system.
(3) Prevention of Unauthorized Access from Outside
We have adopted and appropriately operate the mechanism to protect the information system in which personal data are handled from unauthorized access or illegal software from the outside.
(4) Prevention of Leakage and Other Incidents Associated with Use of Information System
We implement and take appropriately measures to prevent a leakage or other incident associated with the use of the information system.
(Supervision over Contractors)
If all or part of the handling of personal data is to be delegated to a third party, we select a suitable contractor so that such third-party contractor takes appropriate measures to manage personal data in a secure manner. Additionally, we execute an agreement with the contractor so selected and appropriately manage and supervise such contractor by conducting an audit on a regular basis and otherwise assessing the status of handling of personal data entrusted to such contractor.
(Assessment of External Environments)
When we keep personal data overseas, we take security control measures upon assessing the system for the protection of personal information in the country where personal data are kept.
The content of this page may be changed to protect your personal information or to comply with any amendment to laws, regulations, or other rules. You will be notified of any such change on our websites, by email, or by other means.